Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development.
Our key services focus on Poverty Reduction, Ethnic Minority, Agriculture and Rural Development, Labor and Immigration, Water and Sanitation, Education, Environment and Climate Change, Sector & Market Research and Trade, and Governance. Through our research and consulting work, MDRI researchers have brought forward meaningful and valuable research products, some of which have been published in internationally renowned journals including American Economic Journal, World Development, and Health Economic Journal. Others were available under forms of consulting reports, policy briefs and other materials used by the Government leaders, international donors and partners as well as CSOs, and presented at national and international conferences.
MDRI is ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam and among the top 17% of 12,700 economic institutes in the world by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research.
The Institute is currently seeking potential candidates for full-time Research Analysts to join our team of dynamic and committed researchers and consultants.
Line manager: Senior Researcher and Project Manager
- To develop proposals for assigned research and consultancy projects;
- To develop detailed work plan for each research and consultancy project as per the institute’s regulations and procedures
- To deliver outputs of the assigned tasks under Senior researcher’s supervision:
- To assign tasks and monitor the progress of other team members in team-based assignments, if appointed as team leader
- To conduct field work as part of the consultancy/research projects
- To process and analyze quantitative data and/or undertake qualitative analysis
- To design survey and research tools
- To participate in writing up the findings of research analyses
- To liaise with project stakeholders, including clients, local partners and collaborators (external consultants, interns and enumerators)
- To support other departments in fulfilling the administrative and financial procedures involved in the whole process of the projects
- To participate in evaluating the performance of team members at Project Manager’s request
- Other duties as maybe assigned by line managers.
- Master Degree in Development Economics or a related field; Candidates holding a Bachelor Degree with excellent academic records, proven experience in the field of development and strong motivation are encouraged to apply
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Excellent command of English
- Strong capability to perform both independently and in team.
- Willingness to travel to several provinces of Vietnam for fieldwork
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. Our team of researchers values diversity, leadership and continual personal development. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree;
- A copy of publications;
- Other relevant documents.
Applications should be sent to MDRI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates are expected to start working as soon as possible.