Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development.
Our key services focus on Poverty Reduction, Ethnic Minority, Agriculture and Rural Development, Labor and Immigration, Water and Sanitation, Education, Environment and Climate Change, Sector & Market Research and Trade, and Governance. Through our research and consulting work, MDRI researchers have brought forward meaningful and valuable research products, some of which have been published in internationally renowned journals including American Economic Journal, World Development, and Health Economic Journal. Others were available under forms of consulting reports, policy briefs and other materials used by the Government leaders, international donors and partners as well as CSOs, and presented at national and international conferences.
MDRI is ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam and among the top 17% of 12,700 economic institutes in the world by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research.
The Institute is currently seeking potential candidates for full-time Data Analysts to join our team of dynamic and committed researchers and consultants.
- Work as a data processing in the assigned research and consultancy projects
- Provide guidance and support data processing to the Research Analysts and Research Associates in conducting research and consultancy projects
- Design tabforms using tablet to collect data
- Clean data and analyze quantitative data (using STATA software) and/or undertake quantitative analysis
- Write do-files in STATA software
- Travel for work when necessary (domestic and international)
Qualifications and experience
The Data Analyst should meet the following criteria:
- Having a Bachelor/Master degree in information technology (IT) – software technology, or development economics or statistics;
- Very good knowledge of statistics software (ie. STATA, SPSS, CSPRO, Eview,…);
- Good knowledge of programming languages (VBA/Java, etc.,) and relational database applications (MS Access/mySQL/SQL…) would be strongly preferred;
- Good knowledge of programming on tablet;
- At least 2 years of experience working in the field of IT or econometrics/statistics;
- Good English skills, particularly on reading and speaking
- Good time management and communication skill;
- A strong capability to perform independent work as well as working in a team;
Competitive and based on candidate’s level of expertise.
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. MDRI is the destination for bright and highly motivated individuals who take pride in their work and go extra miles to support their team in an aim to deliver the best services. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute. We want to bring on board individuals who are thrilled to embark on an invigorating journey of imparting knowledge and making a difference. Our working time is from Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position.
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree
Please send your application package with the subject tittle: [Your name]_Application for the Data Analyst Position to email@example.com
Qualified candidates will be notified shortly for an interview.
For any inquiry, please email to MDRI’s data manager at firstname.lastname@example.org