Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development.
Our key services focus on Poverty Reduction, Ethnic Minority, Agriculture and Rural Development, Labor and Immigration, Water and Sanitation, Education, Environment and Climate Change, Sector & Market Research and Trade, and Governance. Through our research and consulting work, MDRI researchers have brought forward meaningful and valuable research products, some of which have been published in internationally renowned journals including American Economic Journal, World Development, and Health Economic Journal. Others were available under forms of consulting reports, policy briefs and other materials used by the Government leaders, international donors and partners as well as CSOs, and presented at national and international conferences.
MDRI is ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam and among the top 17% of 12,700 economic institutes in the world by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research.
The Institute is currently seeking potential candidates for full-time Internship to join our team of dynamic and committed researchers and consultants.
Internship duration: 03 months, starting from March 25th 2019.
Location: MDRI’s office, 8th floor, Mercury Building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham st., Tay Ho dist., Hanoi, Vietnam.
Interns will be provided with free lunch and a performance-based salary of 3,000,000 – 5,000,000 VND on average upon successful completion of probation period normally takes up to 1 month.
Moreover, interns will also receive other non-material benefits as follows:
- Opportunities to participate in all the stages of MDRI’s research projects, including but not limited to proposal development, questionnaire design, survey planning, monitoring and reporting
- Academic support in terms of their own study or research interests in close alignment with MDRI’s activities
- Participation in academic and skill training, both internally and externally as appropriate
- Strengthened skills, e.g. editing and writing skills, data analysis, organization and team work
- For international interns: Experience of Vietnamese culture and society in a vibrant and open working environment, with internationally educated, friendly and dynamic colleagues.
Line manager: Senior Researcher
- To act as callers for the upcoming Business Survey on Region to Region FTA. Callers will contact EU businesses and remind them to take an online survey for the EREADI (Enhanced Regional EU-ASEAN Dialogue Instrument) cooperation programme. The purpose of the survey is to access the business views on the proposed FTA negotiations and how it can positively and negatively benefit them in their operations and growth. The results from this survey will be presented in the EU-ASEAN Business Summit in May 2019. This task is expected to last for 12 non-consecutive days;
- To edit/proofread proposals and reports for assigned research and consultancy projects;
- To conduct desk research for assigned research and consultancy projects;
- To deliver outputs of the assigned tasks under Senior researcher’s supervision;
- To process and clean quantitative data;
- Other duties as maybe assigned by line managers.
- Bachelor degree in international development, trade, economics, social sciences or related fields. Master degree is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Good persuasion skill
- Good editing and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Cultural sensitivity, can-do attitude and open-mindedness
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. Our team of researchers values diversity, leadership and continual personal development. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree;
- Other relevant documents.
General terms and conditions
- Working hours: Monday-Friday, 8.30 – 17.30 including a lunch break from 12.00 – 13.30
- MDRI will provide visa support (if applicable).
DEADLINE for application is March 10th, 2019.
Applications should be sent to MDRI at email@example.com
Only qualified candidates will be notified for an interview.