Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development.
Our key services focus on Poverty Reduction, Ethnic Minority, Agriculture and Rural Development, Labor and Immigration, Water and Sanitation, Education, Environment and Climate Change, Sector & Market Research and Trade, and Governance. Through our research and consulting work, MDRI researchers have brought forward meaningful and valuable research products, some of which have been published in internationally renowned journals including American Economic Journal, World Development, and Health Economic Journal. Others were available under forms of consulting reports, policy briefs and other materials used by the Government leaders, international donors and partners as well as CSOs, and presented at national and international conferences.
MDRI is ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam and among the top 17% of 12,700 economic institutes in the world by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research
The Institute is currently seeking potential candidates for full-time Research Assistant Position
- Line manager: Research Analyst and Project Manager
- Work with project teams and support Research Analysts in conducting research and consultancy projects
- Support experts in designing and implementing survey(s) and research study(ies) and conduct fieldwork
- Process and analyze quantitative data (using STATA software) and/or undertake qualitative analysis
- To liaise with project stakeholders, including clients, local partners and collaborators (external consultants, interns and enumerators)
- Bachelor degree in development economics, statistics, econometrics or related fields
- A strong quantitative background, completion of significant coursework in economics, mathematics, and statistics would be an asset
- Excellent command of English
- Strong capability to perform both independently and in team
- Willingness to travel to several provinces of Vietnam for fieldwork
- A strong desire to pursue the career in economic research and/or development work
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. Our team of researchers values diversity, leadership and continual personal development. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree;
- Other relevant documents.
Applications should be sent to MDRI at email@example.com.