Client: NIRAS-IP and German Development Cooperation, GIZ Vietnam
Time: 05/2018 – 12/2018
Overview: The “2030 Agenda for sustainable development”, adopted on a UN summit in New York in September 2015, is the first international agreement taking all three dimensions of sustainable development into account: economic, ecologic as well as social factors. Vietnam has successfully established itself as a pioneer in Southeast Asia with regard to sustainable development and green growth. The establishment of the Vietnam Green Growth Strategy (VGGS) in 2012 and the adoption of the National Action Plan of the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (NAP) in May 2017 underline Vietnam’s ambition to maintain this position. As part of the German-Vietnamese technical cooperation program “Macroeconomic Reforms/Green Growth” in Vietnam, implemented by GIZ on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the project aims to support the Macroeconomic Reforms/Green Growth program in advising Vietnam regarding the monitoring of the 2030 Agenda implementation.
- Perform a detailed assessment of feasibility of global SDG indicators related to gender and gender equality, people with disabilities as well as related to sustainable economic growth in particular green growth in the Vietnamese context
- Develop indicators in the areas of gender and gender equality, as well as related to sustainable economic growth in particular green growth
- Identify and recommend possible data collection methods
- Propose a system (platform and monitoring processes and responsibilities described in a handbook) for the monitoring of the indicators for the responsible ministry/agency
- Propose options for effective and systematic data-sharing related to monitoring SDG-implementation within the government and with other agencies