Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 4 – 6 months
MDRI is an independent scientific research institute founded by professional researchers and consultants who have rich experiences and renowned expertise in development economics. We provides research and consulting services in policy and development economics, sector research as well as to conduct surveys for the governments, international organizations and agencies in Vietnam and around the world.
Our key services focus on the following areas: Development Economics, Social Issues, Environment and Climate Change, Sector & Market Research and Trade, and Governance. MDRI is ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam and is among the top 17% of 12,700 economic institutes in the world by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research.
2. Benefits for the Intern
Interns will be provided with free lunch and a performance-based salary of 2,000,000 – 3,000,000 VND on average upon successful completion of probation period normally takes up to 2 weeks.
Moreover, interns will also receive other non-material benefits as follows:
- Opportunities to participate in all the stages of MDRI’s research projects, including but not limited to proposal development, questionnaire design, survey planning, monitoring and reporting
- Academic support in terms of their own study or research interests in close alignment with MDRI’s activities
- Participation in academic and skill training, both internally and externally as appropriate
- Strengthened skills, e.g. editing and writing skills, data analysis, organization and team work
- For international interns: Experience of Vietnamese culture and society in a vibrant and open working environment, with internationally educated, friendly and dynamic colleagues.
3. Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist MDRI’s researchers and consultants in preparation of literature review, questionnaire design, training material development, report writing and other assignments as required
- Participate in external workshops, training, seminars, etc. and prepare follow-up reports
- For Vietnamese interns: Translate documents from English into Vietnamese and vice versa
- For international interns: Edit survey reports, analysis reports, training manuals, etc. in English.
- Bachelor degree in international development, economics, community development, social sciences or related fields. Master degree is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Good editing and reporting skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Cultural sensitivity, can-do attitude and open-mindedness
5. General terms and conditions
- Working hours: Monday-Friday, 8.30 – 17.30 including a lunch break from 12.00 – 13.30
- MDRI will provide visa support (if applicable).
If you would like to join us for such an experience, please send your application, including a Curriculum Vitae, a Cover letter and relevant qualifications to our email at email@example.com.