Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development.
Our key services focus on Poverty Reduction, Ethnic Minority, Agriculture and Rural Development, Labor and Immigration, Water and Sanitation, Education, Environment and Climate Change, Sector & Market Research and Trade, and Governance. Through our research and consulting work, MDRI researchers have brought forward meaningful and valuable research products, some of which have been published in internationally renowned journals including American Economic Journal, World Development, and Health Economic Journal. Others were available under forms of consulting reports, policy briefs and other materials used by the Government leaders, international donors and partners as well as CSOs, and presented at national and international conferences.
MDRI is ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam and among the top 17% of 12,700 economic institutes in the world by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research.
The Institute is currently seeking potential candidates for full-time Data Internship to join our data team of dynamic and energetic.
Data Internship duration: 03 months.
Location: MDRI’s office, 8th floor, Mercury Building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham st., Tay Ho dist., Hanoi, Vietnam.
Interns will be provided with free lunch and a performance-based salary of 3,000,000 – 5,000,000 VND on average upon successful completion of probation period normally takes up to 1 month.
Moreover, interns will also receive other non-material benefits as follows:
- Opportunities to participate in all the stages of MDRI’s research projects, including but not limited to questionnaire design, survey planning, monitoring, cleaning and analyzing data.
- Participation in academic and skill training, both internally and externally as appropriate
- Strengthened skills, e.g: data analysis, organization and team work
- For international interns: Experience of Vietnamese culture and society in a vibrant and open working environment, with internationally educated, friendly and dynamic colleagues.
Line manager: Data manager
- Assist MDRI’s data analysts in questionnaire design, data cleaning, analyzing and other assignments as required
- Participate in external workshops, training, seminars, etc. and prepare follow-up reports
- Before projects: Prepare datasets, tab-form (which is shown up on tablets instead of paper questionnaires)
- In project implementation: data monitoring and quality control.
- After projects: Clean raw data, calculate tables and indicators.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Cultural sensitivity, can-do attitude and open-mindedness
- Good knowledge in statistics, mathematics and critical thinking
- Proficient in data analysis tools such as: STATA, R, SPSS is a plus
- Experience in writing data collection tools on tablets: SurveyCTO, SurveyMonkey, ComCare, etc. is a plus
- Bachelor degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or other related-fields is a plus
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. Our team of data analyst values diversity, leadership and continual personal development. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree if graduated;
- Other relevant documents.
General terms and conditions
- Working hours: Monday-Friday, 8.30 – 17.30 including a lunch break from 12.00 – 13.30
- MDRI will provide visa support (if applicable).
Applications should be sent to MDRI at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be notified for an interview.