Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an established research institute in Vietnam, ranked No.1 among economic institutions in Vietnam by IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research. The Institute has conducted a number of large development economic projects for international aid agencies and government departments. We aspire to help bring successful policy reforms as well as challenges overcoming lessons in opening Vietnam economy to countries with similar socio-economic conditions.
We are currently seeking potential candidates for full-time Research Analysts to join our team of dynamic and committed researchers and consultants.
Competitive and based on candidate’s level of expertise.
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. MDRI is the destination for bright and highly motivated individuals who take pride in their work and go extra miles to support their team with the aim to deliver best services. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute. We want to bring on board individuals who are thrilled to embark on an invigorating journey of imparting knowledge and making a difference.
Line manager: Team Leader/Senior Researcher
- To develop proposals for assigned research and consultancy projects
- To develop a detailed work plan for each research and consultancy project as per the institute’s regulations and procedures
- To deliver outputs of the assigned tasks under Team leader/Senior researcher’s supervision
- To assign tasks and monitor the progress of other team members in team-based assignments, if appointed as team leader
- To conduct fieldwork as part of the consultancy/research projects
- To process and analyze quantitative data and/or undertake qualitative analysis
- To design survey and research tools
- To participate in writing up the findings of research analyses
- To liaise with project stakeholders, including clients, local partners, and collaborators (external consultants, interns, and enumerators)
- To support other departments in fulfilling the administrative and financial procedures involved in the whole process of the projects
- To participate in evaluating the performance of team members at Team Leader/Senior Researcher’s request
- Other duties may be assigned by line managers.
- Master Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or a related field; Candidates holding a Bachelor Degree with excellent academic records, proven experience in the field of development, and strong motivation are encouraged to apply
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Excellent command of English
- Strong capability to perform both independently and in a team.
- Willingness to travel to several provinces of Vietnam for fieldwork
The application package should be in English and include:
- One-page cover letter that includes a brief statement of the applicant’s suitability
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree
- A copy of publications
- Other relevant documents (ex: a copy of IELTS Test Report Form, a certificate)
Applications should be sent to MDRI at email@example.com. State “[your full name] – Application for Research Analyst” in the subject heading of the email.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Successful candidates are expected to start working as soon as possible.