Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development. We are expanding our research portfolio and looking for a Project Manager to join our team. This is a full-time position.
Line manager: MDRI Director
- To develop proposals for assigned research and consultancy projects;
- To develop detailed work plan for each research and consultancy project as per the institute’s regulations and procedures;
- To assign projects, tasks and monitor the progress of senior researchers, research analysts and other members;
- To liaise with project stakeholders, including clients, local partners and collaborators (external consultants, interns and enumerators);
- To support other departments in fulfilling the administrative and financial procedures involved in the whole process of the projects;
- To participate in evaluating the performance of team members at Director’s request;
- Other duties as maybe assigned by Director.
- Master Degree in Management, Economics or a related field;
- Knowledge of managing development and/or NGO projects is a must;
- Excellent communication, human-resource management, and project management skills;
- Excellent command of English;
- Experience in working with governmental agencies;
- Strong capability to perform both independently and in team.
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. Our team of researchers values diversity, leadership and continual personal development. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree;
- Other relevant documents.
Applications should be sent to MDRI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates are expected to start working as soon as possible.