Mekong Development Research Institute (MDRI) is an independent scientific research agency. At MDRI, we believe that research plays an indispensable role in social change and development. We are expanding our research portfolio and looking for a Development Economics Senior Researcher to join our team. This is a full-time position.
- To lead assigned research activities and projects:
- To develop proposals for assigned research and consultancy projects;
- To process and analyze quantitative data and/or undertake qualitative analysis;
- To prepare and/or oversee junior researchers and assistants in preparing project reports, research, policy briefs;
- To prepare reports and present information to research groups, clients, etc.;
- To take part in negotiation with partners/clients (if needed);
- To manage research project budgets, governance issues and other resources;
- To develop own or group work, interpret research findings, generate high quality publications and disseminate results through appropriate media;
- To contribute to the development of research strategies within the Institute;
- To line manage and support colleagues working in the institute as appropriate, contributing to their development through the appraisal scheme, mentorship and coaching;
- To undertake continuous personal and professional development which contributes to knowledge and skills within the subject area;
- Other duties as maybe assigned by Institute Director.
- The Senior Researcher should have a PhD degree in the field of development economics;
- At least 3 years of experience working in the field of development economics;
- Strong quantitative background, including impact evaluation, mathematics, econometrics and statistics;
- At least two researches published on international journals;
- Incisive analytical and problem-solving skill, strong leadership and public speaking skill;
- Teaching and training experience preferred;
- Good command of English;
- Fluency in using statistics, data and programming software packages (e.g. STATA, R);
- Strong capability to perform both independently and in team;
- Strong desire to pursue the career in economic research and ability to inspire young researchers.
Competitive and based on candidate’s level of expertise.
An intellectually vibrant and supportive environment that makes everyone feel a strong sense of belonging defines MDRI’s distinctive culture. MDRI is the destination for bright and highly motivated individuals who take pride in their work and go extra miles to support their team in an aim to deliver the best services. MDRI offers a learning environment and creates opportunities for each team member to make his or her own mark along the development journey of the Institute. We want to bring on board individuals who are thrilled to embark on an invigorating journey of imparting knowledge and making a difference.
Application package should be in English and include:
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum vitae, including names of two referees who may be approached to give their opinion on the candidate’s suitability for the position;
- A copy of Academic transcripts and Degree;
- A copy of publications;
- Other relevant documents.
Applications should be sent to MDRI at email@example.com.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Successful candidates are expected to start working as soon as possible.