Description of Project:
The project includes the design and implementation of surveys on household usage of financial technology in selected Asian countries to study the determinants of Fintech use and analyse the impact of Fintech use on households’ financial behavior in Asia. As part of the project, a survey collecting data from both urban and rural households in Vietnam was implemented by MDRI to further understand factors that determine the adoption of Fintech in Vietnam, thereby helping the government to design appropriate policies.
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
- Design a survey questionnaire in consultation with the ADBI task manager, implement the survey instrument in electronic (tablet) form, and train interviewers and pre-test the survey;
- Conduct the VNM Household Financial Technology Survey to the satisfaction of the ADBI task manager;
- Input the data and perform cleaning of the data to correct for input errors, outliers;
- Provide the collected data to ADBI in electronic form that can be easily accessed (in Stata or MS Excel format);
- Proivde cientific descriptive note on survey methodology and brief summary of methodology for non-technical readers in English