The IFC’s Gender and Economic Inclusion Group (GEIG) works across investment and services to enhance gender-smart private sector development to help companies close gender gaps. IFC is currently designing a program to promote advancement of women in the garment and footwear manufacturing supply chain of a selected global footwear and apparel brand.
The element of the program, initially in Vietnam only, is the Accelerator, a network of high potential women nominated by participating manufacturers. The Accelerator will aim for women professional employees at either junior-to-middle management or middle-to-senior management levels. It will include a program of technical and leadership skills training, career guidance and mentoring as a supporting and encouraging community. This assignment involves interviews and focus groups with managers and employees in selected large manufacturing operations in Vietnam to assess the needs, the market, and the potential to grow this manufacturing network for women.
- Conduct desk research and literature review
- Finalize the qualitative research/assessment methodologies and tools
- Conduct in-depth interviews and FDGs in person in selected provinces and relevant stakeholders to collect data and analyze qualitative data
- Draft the design of Accelerator program
- Draft the short profile of 05 successful women leaders
- Organize workshops with gender teams to discuss the research findings and preliminary design proposal