The domestic and international context has changed significantly after the year 2020. Many new factors emerged that will greatly affect the socio-economic development of Quang Ngai province in the years to come, such as: the rapid expansion of the 4th Industrial Revolution, the overarching green and sustainable development trend, the new normal with COVID-19 Pandemic, the complicated development of climate change, the continuing global economic integration trend, the fast-growing economy of Vietnam’s central region…In addition, the new laws that came into effect in recent years such as the Planning Law of 2017, the Bidding Law of 2015… have a profound influence on the development direction of Quang Ngai. Hence, to (i) maximize the potentials and advantages of Quang Ngai, (ii) to provide breakthrough development orientations for the key industries and sectors, and (iii) to serve as a basis for improving the province’s ability to attract and manage the investment for socio-economic
development in the new era, the task “Quang Ngai provincial planning for the period of 2021 – 2030, with a vision to 2050” was approved by the Vietnamese Prime Minister under Decision No. 1574/QD-TTg dated October 12, 2020. The final Provincial Planning product will serve as an extremely important foundation for the development directions of every aspect of Quang Ngai province for the decades to come, and ensure the goal of harmonious development between the three pillars Economy, Society, and Environment.
- Analyze and assess the socio-economic development progress of Quang Ngai province for the period of 2011 – 2020.
- Formulate development perspectives, goals, and scenarios for Quang Ngai province for the period of 2021 – 2030, with a vision to 2050.
- Develop development orientation for the province’s key economic industries and sectors.
- Prepare socio-economic condition assessment and formulate development orientation for the province’s capital and districts.
- Prepare the comprehensive report for “Quang Ngai provincial planning for the period of 2021 – 2030, with a vision to 2050.”