MDRI collaborates with CowaterSogema International Inc. to perform consulting services for the Australia-Vietnam Program for Gender Equality in Agriculture and Tourism (GREAT). GREAT Program is an initiative sponsored by the Australian Aid Program of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and managed by CowaterSogema International Inc, the DFAT-designated contractor. The program aims to help women, in particular, ethnic minority women to access economic opportunities, join the decision-making process, get recognized for their achievement, and receive equal economic benefits. MDRI is in charge of conducting the project-level endline assessment of 38 projects within the GREAT program.
The primary objectives of this research are to:
- Capture the achievement of two contractual end-of-program targets, namely: (1) increasing the income for 17,000 women and (2) 82% of female producers will be confident about their technical capability in carrying out the steps of productions or service provision across the two provinces.
- Capture progress in women’s and men’s practices and perceptions relating to gender equality
- Develop the assessment tools, including quantitative household survey and in-depth individual interviews
- Conduct the household survey to collect quantitative data about beneficiaries of 37 projects
- Analyze data, compile assessment reports and disseminate assessment results
Photo source: https://www.facebook.com/Aus4EqualityGREAT/photos/1728249060701957