KfW Development Bank (KfW) has financed various wastewater projects – mainly wastewater treatment plants and sewer networks – across Vietnam. However, the low volumes of wastewater and low pollution loads in the plants indicate insufficient or incorrect household connections. The project “Identifying and testing of (behavioural) interventions to improve household connections to the central wastewater system in Vietnam” is jointly launched by KfW, C4ED and MDRI to figure out reasons for previously mentioned finding about household connections, then identify solutions and pilot them in Lang Son, Son La, Tra Vinh, and Soc Trang. The aim of the project is to encourage households to connect to the centralized wastewater system or in other words to enhance household connection to the system.
- Prepare qualitative guides – English and Vietnamese.
- Liaise with related stakeholders to arrange logistics for qualitative interviews.
- Conduct qualitative interviews – 8KIIs and 40 IDIs.
- Recruit enumerators for transcribing interviews and translating transcripts.
- Review quality of EN-VN transcripts.
- Recruit interpreters for project workshops.
Image source: https://vuhoangent.com/danh-muc/xu-ly-nuoc-thai-sinh-hoat/